Business Rates constitute one of the largest outgoings for commercial property occupiers and owners.
We provide a comprehensive service to a wide range of clients across the UK with the simple aim of minimising our client’s liabilities and generating maximum savings through the appeal process.
Our team of rating specialists, which includes two past Presidents of the Rating Surveyors’ Association (RSA), will be happy to review your rating assessments and recommend serving an appeal, applying for relief or implementing a mitigation strategy where necessary.
Our services include:
- Serving and negotiating appeals to reduce your assessment
- Negotiating refunds with the Billing Authority
- Negotiating nil assessments following demolition, refurbishment work, change of use or obsolescence
- Negotiating temporary reductions following changes in circumstances, such as adjacent building works disturbances, flooding, fire damage, road closures etc
- Representing clients before the Valuation Tribunal and Upper Chamber where appropriate
- Empty property advice and the design of strategies to minimise the liability of vacant properties
- Applications for reliefs and exemptions such as Empty Property Relief and Small Business Rates Relief
- Historic payment audits to check whether you have been charged correctly both currently and historically
- Providing annual rate liability budgets for future planning
To receive news, industry information and other communications, click here to opt-in.